Language Perception and Production: Overview of language perception and production
© 2007 Johanna Uusvuori
Pink boxes: Examples of stages through which processing of language is assumed to proceed in brain.
References that give an overview of language processing in brain
- Salmelin, Clinical neurophysiology of language: The MEG approach, Clinical Neurophysiology, 2007.
- Harley, The Psychology of Language, Psychology Press. (theories of language processing, mostly no brain imaging)
- Scott and Wise, The functional neuroanatomy of prelexical processing in speech perception, Cognition 92 (2004) 13–45.
- Jobard et al., Evaluation of the dual route theory of reading: a metanalysis of 35 neuroimaging studies, NeuroImage 20 (2003) 693–712.
- Indefrey and Levelt, The spatial and temporal signatures of word production components, Cognition 92 (2004) 101–144.