|Contact information:||Currently not present at LTL.|
M.Sc. in Neuroscience (2010)
- University of Helsinki, Finland
- Thesis: Probing the Neural Basis of the Auditory Octave Illusion with frequency-tagged magnetoencephalographic signals
BA in Social Sciences (Psychology) (2006)
- University of Tartu, Estonia
- Brain basis of human cognitive and perceptual functions, more specifically the brain correlates of social interaction.
- MEG, EEG
- Baess P, Zhdanov A, Mandel A, Parkkonen L, Hirvenkari L, Mäkelä JP, Jousmäki V, Hari R: MEG dual scanning: A procedure to study interacting humans. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience 2012, 6: article 83.
- Lamminmäki S, Mandel A, Parkkonen L, Hari R: Binaural interaction and the octave illusion. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 2012
- Mandel A, Helokunnas S, Pihko E, Hari R: Neuromagnetic brain responses to other person's eye blinks seen on video. European Journal of Neuroscience 2014
- Mandel A, Helokunnas S, Pihko E, Hari R. Neuromagnetic brain responses to observed eye blinks. Annual Meeting of Society for Neuroscience, October 2012, New Orleans.
- Mandel A, Lamminmäki S, Parkkonen L, Hari R. Probing the neural basis of the auditory octave illusion with frequency-tagged MEG signals. 16th Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping, June 2010, Barcelona.
Grants and Awards
- Trainee Abstract Award, 16th Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping, 2010.
- Estonian Students Fund Scholarship by Estonian Students Fund in USA, for studies in the Master’s Degree Programme in Neuroscience in University of Helsinki, 2009.
- Kristian Jaak’s Scholarship by Archimedes Foundation and Estonian Ministry of Education, for 1-year exchange studies in University of Helsinki, 2007.